What is the tool that is GUARANTEED to assist in your Weight Loss journey?
It comes as a surprise that what you thought was a toy before could actually be one of the most useful tools you have for a quick and contained cardio experience.
If you can manage to harness this useful tool in the correct manner, you will be able to more than easily start shedding some of your unwanted extra pounds.
Effectiveness Of Jump Rope Routines on Weight Loss
The varying intensities of a jump rope workout is what makes it perfect for a weight loss cardio exercises. It allows you to build up your heart-rate and develop your conditioning without having to even leave the comfort of your room.
Also, it won’t interfere with the rest of your routine. I mean think about it, all you need is a rope and your body weight to produce the most successful exercise possible. And trust me – it’s worth it! This summer I got back into jump rope and it took me a few weeks to be able to do 100 skips in a row, 3 times over!
What You Need To Workout With Jump Ropes
- Once you’ve got that, make sure it’s nice and tight still, the last thing you need is for it to snap on you.
- After that, adjust the handles so that the rope is at the appropriate height for you to be able to comfortably jump through while the rope may still simultaneously hit the ground.
- Next, you have to make sure you have the appropriate footwear for your feet. Cross-trainers developed specifically for track/gym use are probably the best option.The reason this is so important is to reduce the impact to your ankles, knees and hips. Jump rope is already a good alternative to running in terms of the amount of stress it causes your body, but having the right accessories to help this out can make the job that much easier. Even better, if will help your body last a little longer in the grand scheme of things.
- Once you have all your gear, well the 2 things you need, all you have left is to prepare is yourself. As you step into any routine to lose weight, your number one friend is determination. If you can manage to keep yourself on task, you can successfully shed those pounds.
Tips For Success
Here are a few tips on how to make a jump rope workout that will help you shed those pounds and stay within your limitation.
1. Set a Goal
An easy way to make any workout successful is a series of small goals you can set up to motivate yourself. Start with something easy, like 10 minutes a day of jump rope for a week.
2. Reward Yourself
Once you have completed this, you can reward yourself with anything you want. For men it might be a trip out to the golf course, for women it could be as simple as buying that pair of shoes you’ve been wanting for a while.
After you have given yourself a reward though, always try to push yourself that little bit more. The way to successfully shed pounds will rely on you setting a goal that is achievable but still not easy for you.
Who knows, this whole goal thing could work out so well for you that you transfer it to other routines/exercises.
After a while, you may see yourself starting to plateau. This means that your body is at a good level of physical cardio using this exercise and in order to improve it you are required to add variations to your workout to improve the difficulty.
The Best Jump Rope Routines
Here are a few different techniques you can use to change up your jump rope routine and get back on-top of pushing yourself.
Timed Method – Just like the childhood games, see how many skips you can do within an allotted time span of 30 seconds. If you think you can get 50, go for fifty and try to hit that number every time you do the set. Repeat this for about 10-12 sets and be sure to rest in between each set. With this, you can create a good way to up your challenge each week and burn weight quickly.
Count-Down – This one is for someone that has already established their cardio prior to this, it may be a hard one for someone to start out with. It requires the participant to pick a starting number of skips in a row to hit.
1. You start with, let’s say, 350 reps and use that as your first set.
2. When you complete that, you can then drop 50 off your running total and repeat.
3. Always make sure that you are resting between sets for 30-90 seconds.
4. Continue this workout until you are at 0 and you will be on your way to shedding the weight that you are trying to get rid of.
It’s important to realize that the jump rope, like any other exercise, requires a high level of personal dedication.
If you want to get anywhere in regard to your results, you have to be willing to put in the time and effort it would take for you to be successful. This is only another example of a routine that takes just that.